1. The Seafarers Emergency Fund (SEF) is to provide immediate, essential aid to seafarers and families of seafarers, who are directly involved in sudden and unforeseen crises.
2. The SEF is for Applying Organizations to provide the means to purchase goods and/or services for seafarers and/or their immediate family to relieve the need(s) brought on in relation to a sudden and unforeseen crisis.
3. The Applying Organization confirms the person in need is a seafarer or an immediate family member of a seafarer.
4. The SEF will not be used for long term maintenance, to fund a private enterprise, as a social security replacement nor for situations for which other sources of relief are available.
5. Administration fees or any other form of payment shall not be taken by the applying organization, or any other organization, involved in the receipt of a SEF grant.
6. The Applying Organization confirms it is reasonably certain that alternative funding is not readily available locally or from other legally responsible parties such as ship owners, employment agencies, flag states or similar resources;
7. The Applying Organization confirms it will provide/purchase the goods or services that will benefit seafarers or seafarers' families and that NO MONIES FROM THE FUND WILL BE GIVEN DIRECTLY TO A SEAFARER OR FAMILY MEMBER;
8. The Applying Organization confirms that where there is a reasonable opportunity to recoup the amount of a grant from some other legally responsible party, such as ship owners, employment agencies, flag states or similar resources, then the Applying Organization will use its best efforts to recoup such funds, either through its own facilities or through the facilities of a similar organization that may be better suited to the task. Any funds so recouped shall be returned to the SEF.
9. The Applying Organization agrees that any grant that is unexpended after two months will be returned to the SEF. This will apply in all cases except where a specific agreement has been made.
10. The grantee agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify The TK Foundation, Seafarers Trust, the International Seafarers' Welfare and Assistance Network and the officers of all these organisations against any and all expenses, liability, loss, damages or claims arising from, or allegedly arising from the grantees performance or activities. The organisations mentioned assume no liability concerning persons or property associated with the sponsorship contemplated under this agreement.
11. This grant is made on the understanding that the SEF has no obligation to provide other or additional support to the grantee.