We are an international membership organisation set up to promote the welfare and wellbeing and seafarers throughout the world. We work for the practical implementation of International Labour Organisations conventions and instruments affecting seafarers.
We actively encourage organisations and companies to join ISWAN. Companies can join as full members. Please contact Roger Harris, the Executive Director, for further details roger.harris[at]iswan.org.uk.
Applications to join the International Seafarers' Welfare & Assitance Network should be made in writing to the following address:
Fax: +44 (0) 300 012 4280
Applications should be supported by the following documents:
- A brief background of your organisation, objectives, current status and plans for the future.
- Sources of funding for your organisation and its project work (if any)
- Affiliations with other organisations eg membership of international organisations
- Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, Governing Rules etc.
- Details of current work on seafarers welfare
- Recent financial statement or annual report
All documents will be treated as confidential, and returned on completion of the application process.
All applications will be reviewed and approved by the Board of Trustees of the ISWAN.